We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. Please check frequently for any updates or changes. This policy is effective from November 2018.
Pearce & Co is a Data Controller. Our registered office is 64 Guildford Street, Chertsey, Surrey, KT16 9BD. We do not sell, trade or rent any personal information to other organisations.
Information we collect
We may collect the following information to enable us to communicate with clients, customers and potential clients/customers, in relation to the provision of services by us:
- Name, job title, gender, marital status, personal descriptions, profile photographs;
- Contact information including email address;
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers;
- Bank account or financial information;
- Information relating to your identity where we are required by law to collect this to comply with the Money Laundering Regulations 2017 and the Immigration Act.
When appropriate we may also collect the following information from those seeking employment from us:
- Academic and other results gained
- Institutions attended
- Employment history
- Personal data in relation to references
Use of the information we collect
- The principal use of personal information is to enable us to deliver services to clients and customers and where we have a contract with you it is necessary for us to process certain personal data to deliver that contract and provide those services.
- We use personal information for our legitimate business interests in developing, monitoring and promoting our services and to enable us to do so we perform tasks, to include confirming identity of those we are contracting with, dealing with feedback and complaints, publicising our services, administrating our website and to monitor or enforce our terms and conditions or user policies.
- We use your personal information to offer you other services that we think may be of interest and of assistance to you. We may also provide information on events we are holding by way of networking opportunities or hospitality or other events attended by property professionals. We may also, at times, contact you for market research purposes. Contact will be either by email, post or telephone. If you do not wish to receive these communications, please let us know by emailing us here.
- We rely on one or more of the following lawful conditions to process your personal identifiable data:
- To satisfy a legal or regulatory obligation that we are advised to meet.
- To deliver our legitimate business interests in the form of our services and to develop new contacts for marketing and business development but we will take steps to mitigate the impact on your privacy in pursuing these interests.
- To perform our service requirements under a client engagement that we have with you or that we may have with a third party such as a landlord, tenant or employer.
- Where there are no other lawful conditions, we may process that information with your consent.
- We do work with external suppliers and we may have to disclose personal information to them in certain circumstances as follows:
- When specifically requested by you.
- For our regulatory compliance purposes.
- Required to deliver communications such as references requested by you.
- When dealing with events hosted or market research.
- To law enforcement regulations or other government agencies, professional bodies and other third parties as required by or in accordance with applicable law regulations or where assets are required by third party.
We do not routinely transfer information outside the European Economic area. We may be required to transfer your personal data, to provide the specific service you request, to partners or suppliers that may be based outside the EEA. If this is the case, we ensure they agree to keep it secure, apply the same levels of protection as required in the UK and to use it only for the purpose of providing a service to us. By submitting your personal data, you acknowledge this transfer, storing or processing.
Data Storage and Retention
Your personal information will be held on our systems for as long as necessary for the purpose it was collected.
Client file information is stored up to 10 years following completion of engagement. We will then review this retention periodically.
All personal information is treated as confidential. Our staff are trained to treat all personal information in the same way. Where this information is recorded electronically, we have accepted standards of organisation and technical security to ensure it is protected and secure. This is by way of passwords, staff training and recording of minimum data that is necessary to complete the service we are required to provide to you.
Visitors to our website
You do not have to give us personal information to access our website. When you visit www.pearceco.co.uk we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will clearly explain what we intend to do with it and offer an unsubscribe option where relevant.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings.
Your Rights Under GDPR
As an individual you have a number of rights under the relevant data protection laws including:
- The right to request from us access to your own personal information.
- The right to ask us not to process your personal data for direct marketing.
- The right to request any inaccurate information we hold about you is corrected.
- The right to request your information is deleted in certain circumstances.
- The right to request that we stop using your personal information for certain purposes.
- A request that decisions are not taken by wholly automated means.
There may be a limitation on these rights to certain defined circumstances which we may not be able to comply with upon your request. If you do so we aim to respond to you within one month. We will not charge a fee for dealing with your request and if you wish to receive a copy of your personal data or exercise these rights please write to the partners, Pearce & Co, 64 Guildford Street, Chertsey, Surrey, KT16 9BD.
It is our every intention to ensure that we provide the highest level of service but, similarly recognise, that there may be times that it is felt we have not handled personal information correctly. If you are dissatisfied with how we have used your information, or you wish to make a complaint on how we have handled a request, then please contact The Partners and we will endeavour to resolve the issue.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you can contact the UK data protection regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further details can be found at www.ico.org.uk